Module 1: Sales Strategy
The module entitled Sales Strategy is focused on presenting the two perspectives involved in a sale: the customer’s perspective when choosing what to buy, and the seller’s perspective on creating the best offer which can then guarantee the sale.
Day 1: Sales Strategy – The customer perspective (Lecturer: Maria Luiza Souca, PhD)
- What is the customer?
- What are the factors which influence the customer in his buying decision?
- The stages of the customer’s buying decision.
Day 2: Sales Strategy – The seller’s perspective (Lecturer: Maria Luiza Souca, PhD)
- What is a negotiation?
- How to create the best offer?
- Negotiation and selling techniques
Module 2: International Retailing
The module focuses on International Retailing while discussing aspects such as retailing in international context, retail globalization versus retail localization, retail sustainability, generational marketing and omni-channel retailing.
Day 3 & 4: International Retailing (Lecturers: Dan-Cristian Dabija, PhD & Ioana Nicoleta Abrudan, PhD)
- Retailing – delimitations;
- International retailers: Glocalization
- International retailers: Sustainability
- Generational marketing: a challenge for international retailers
- Omnichannel retailing: The modern success story in customer targeting
Module 3: Segments reporting
The module focuses on the analysis of disclosed information concerning operating business or/and geographical segments of an entity that enables the evaluation of financial effects of the different business activities in which it engages and the economic environments in which it operates. Segments reporting highlight the information and measure to what extent management believes are important and used in proper manner to make key decisions. It also provides a better link between the financial statements and the information reported in management commentaries.
Day 5: Information concerning operating segments (Lecturer: Adriana Tiron Tudor, PhD)
- Identifying operating segments
- Aggregating and reporting segments
- Segment disclosures