Module 1: International Management
The module is structured into three parts. The first one International Business Strategies will examine how firms can select new international markets, develop strategies for entering these markets and manage these markets for growth and regional expansion. The second part will focus on Ethics in International Business and will focus on the foundations of ethical behavior, with special focus on the main ethical issues in international business. The third one International Human Resource Management will develop the capacity to understand the real world HR issues and it will build some necessary skills to work in multinational organizations and across national borders by providing general knowledge in HR.
Day 1: International Business Strategies (Lecturer Ovidiu-Niculae BORDEAN, PhD)
• Defining strategy
• Stages of global strategy
• Motives and decisions to internationalize
• Strategies to pursue international markets
Day 2: International Sociocultural Environment (Lecturer Dan C. LUNGESCU, PhD)
• The concept of culture
• National cultures
• Impacts of culture on international business
• Developing intercultural competence
Day 3: Ethics in International Business (Lecturer Irina SALANȚĂ, PhD)
• Foundations of business ethics.
• Ethical misconduct in international business: examples, solutions and consequences.
• Ethical dilemmas in international business: does more really mean less?
• Corporate Social Responsibility: doing well by doing good.
Module 2: International Marketing
The course is structured in two parts. The first one Intro to international Marketing will describe the factors involved in the process of choosing the company’s international target markets, how to adapt to different conditions present there and how to generally develop a marketing strategy for these markets. The second part will focus on International Retailing while discussing aspects such as globalization versus localization, sustainability, generational marketing and omnichannel retailing.
Day 4: Intro to International Marketing (Lecturer Maria Luiza SOUCA, PhD)
• International perspective: a choice or a requirement?
• Key factors to consider when choosing your target market
• Developing an overall marketing strategy
Day 5: International Retailing (Lecturer Dan-Cristian DABIJA, PhD)
• Glocalization and Sustainability – milestones in International Retailing
• Generational Marketing: a challenge for international retailers
• Omnichannel Retailing: The modern success story in customer targeting